Paper Crafts Supplies

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Get the full picture, not just a thumbnail

for your purchased designs/cut files 


I'm one of those people who will always look for a way to make things a little bit easier. Especially when you work with your Cameo Silhouette
Maybe you bought a beautiful, but more complicated design from Silhouette Store or purchased a design from somewhere else. 

The problem for me was that in my Library of  there is just a small thumbnail picture of the design and I want it bigger for reference!

The following card I made for one of my colleagues at work, she was expecting a little miracle. We all thought it will be a boy. Suprise! a lovely little baby girl, named Natasha. That's why the card was made with blue shades of paper and not pink.

Mouse Card, Silhouette Design Store, Handmade, DIY, Eccentric Eclectic Sudio

Mouse Card

This sweet mouse card  by Daniela Moscone Design ID #112864 I purchased from Silhouette Design Store. There was a few small pieces that hat to be stuck together and everything must go to the right place.

I open up the design in Silhouette Design Store to view the picture and did a screenprint.
I open up Paint and copy and paste the picture of the card.

Copy and paste into Paint. Silhouette Design Store. Cameo Silhouette, tutorial, Eccentric Eclectic Studio, Yana Fourie, Handmade Card, DIY

Copy and paste into Paint


From there I did some more planning. What colour is going where and what paper to use.
I just used the freehand drawing en text tool.

Planning of card. Silhouette Design Store. Cameo Silhouette, tutorial, Eccentric Eclectic Studio, Yana Fourie, Handmade Card, DIY

Planning of card

I can save the picture to look back at when I start setting out the different papers to cut. And this is really helpful putting all the delicate pieces at the correct place. Maybe this will take you a minute or two, but in the end it is really helpful.

If you do have a easier and more user friendly way to do this, I hope to hear from you. 

No comments: