Paper Crafts Supplies

Monday, July 31, 2017

DIY UPCYCLING TINS

I'm so happy and excited about my new classroom. I'm a Afrikaans Second Language teacher at a primary school in Middelburg, South Africa.

The year started out with me teaching in a tent under a tree. This alone was an experience. From mud, rain,wind blowing me and the learners away, very hot and sweaty conditions and even a scorpion one day in the tent. This is Africa for you!

Six months down the road and we have a new school building, I have a classroom made of brick and that is  brand new.  
The fun and creative part of teaching can start now!
This means I can start decorating my classroom. Yeah! Happy times!

Some of the few things I made is stationary organisers for everything that the learners leave behind in class.
Upcycling stationary organiser, DIY, tins, washi tape, brown paper, labels, vinyl, classroom, Eccentric Eclectic Studio, Yana Fourie, Blogger

Upcycling Stationary Organiser


I made use of all the stuff that I had around in my house. I reuse some empty tins and a Pringle container. The rest of the materials were washi tape, brown paper, twine, beautiful ribbon and vinyl.

I made labels from black vinyl and a cutoff piece of vinyl that you use for lining your cabinets. 
Cutting is very easy if you do have a cutting machine. I used my Silhouette Cameo for this purpose. But you can make labels from paper, stickers or anything that comes to mind.

Upcycling stationary organiser, DIY, tins, washi tape, brown paper, labels, vinyl, classroom, Eccentric Eclectic Studio, Yana Fourie, Blogger

Materials used to upcycle tins

I covered the Pringle container with brown paper.  The tuna tin I just made use of washi tape and twine to cover it. The other organisers for the pens and pencils I use washi tape and ribbon.
Like always I have to make use of my glue gun. Most things I stick together using it. What is a crafter without a glue gun!

Starting out I thought I'm going use more embellishments and decorations. Simplicity got the upper hand. I didn't go overboard. Sometimes you just need to know when to stop.

This reuse and decorating of tins went so much quicker that I thought. I'm happy with the end results and think this will make my classroom just that little  bit more personal.

Upcycling stationary organiser, DIY, tins, washi tape, brown paper, labels, vinyl, classroom, Eccentric Eclectic Studio, Yana Fourie, Blogger

DIY Stationary Organisers

Look out for future posts for ideas and decoration of my classroom. 


No comments: